The childcare system is broken. Home-based providers have empty seats, while working parents cannot find the care they need. We can have the durable and dynamic childcare system our society demands by focusing on innovations that support parents with shift jobs and connect them to the incumbent care force. Kelly Escobar from Robin Hood Foundation will be moderating a panel featuring Jaime-Jin Lewis, Wiggle Room CEO and #Care100 Most Influential People, Ruth Horry, the engagement and access manager for United for Brownsville, and Kaereathea Boyd, owner and operator of Kaye’s Cubs LLC.
Other Resources / Information
- A clear understanding of the challenges accessing childcare for poor and working class parents
- A first-hand account of the critical role of, as well as joys and pain points facing, a Family Child Care business owner in serving their community.
- A run through of our human-centered solutions that leverage technology to increase access to childcare and stabilize and grow childcare programs.
- Jaime-Jin Lewis, Founder and CEO, Wiggle Room
- Ruth Horry, Provider Engagement and Access Manager, United for Brownsville
- Kelly Escobar, Director, Fund for Early Learning; Interim Managing Director, Early Childhood, Robin Hood Foundation
- Kayereathea Boyd, Owner and Operator, Kaye's Cubs Family Daycare
Owen Meehan, Operations And Special Projects Manager, Wiggle Room
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.