How do you get more people inventing? Join us for this interactive workshop highlighting how EquIP HQ, a free online platform created by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is helping to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in K-12 classrooms. This workshop will walk you through two different activities found on EquIP HQ, Patent Sensei and Patent Quest. After playing these activities, you will have a conceptual understanding of some of the steps needed to take during the patent process including developing skills to help perform a patent search.
Other Resources / Information
- All students have the power to invent. The USPTO is committed to providing free resources to help K-12 students realize their potential as inventors.
- Playful learning breeds valuable skills. Patent Sensei and Patent Quest develop critical thinking, analysis, and communication abilities in students.
- Unlocking young inventors' potential, EquIP HQ introduces students to the patent process, igniting creativity and innovation in the classroom.
- Juan Valentin, Education Program Advisor, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Tallis Polashenski, Senior Product and Content Designer, Second Avenue Learning
- Lenin Paulino, Patent Examiner, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Juan Valentin, Education Program Advisor, US Patent and Trademark Office
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.