We hear it time and time again, shouted from a lot of companies rooftops, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION! Yet, most tech companies employ less than 5% of people of color. That stat alone makes you think, what does diversity and inclusion actually mean? Join Black Tech Unplugged, hosted by Deena McKay, to discuss why diversity and inclusion is still a buzzword, what the initiative means for black people, and how everyone can help move diversity and inclusion into a movement.
Additional Supporting Materials
- A true understanding and definition of diversity and inclusion and what tech companies mean when they use the terms
- How to retain diverse candidates after they are accepted into the workplace
- Steps you can take to enhance diversity and inclusion at your workplace
- Deena McKay, Creator & Host, Black Tech Unplugged
- Lisa Godwin, Senior Consultant and Creative Technologist, New York Times
Deena Mckay, Creator & Host, Black Tech Unplugged
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.