How might we design the classroom of the future? In this fun, hands-on workshop, a designer and a learning scientist will guide you on a futuristic journey to explore imaginary classroom environments. Through playful, design thinking activities, we will co-create wild, fantasy-like spatial concepts and classroom setups. Expect to take your future-forward visions and translate them directly to real-world classrooms to drive student engagement, belonging, and social-emotional learning.
Other Resources / Information
- Gain expert tips for classroom setup from a spatial designer and interior design educator and a specialist in the science of learning
- Make informed, research-based decisions when setting up a classroom or other learning environment
- Learn how to use leading-edge interior design methods to design learning spaces that support and promote your learning objectives
- Julie Schell, Executive Director, Asst Professor of Practice , The University of Texas at Austin
- Tamie Glass, Associate Professor, Gene Edward Mikeska Endowed Chair for Interior Design, School of Architecture, The University of Texas at Austin
Julie Schell, Executive Director, Assistant Professor of Practice, The University of Texas at Austin
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.