How can we prepare students in urban centers for a changing workforce? Schools That Can Pittsburgh, a chapter of the largest cross-sector network of urban schools, is reimagining a vibrant K - 12 education to employment (e2e) pathway. This session explores how STC Pittsburgh’s programs are helping 2,000+ students prepare for careers in high demand jobs, via a K-12 pathway that promotes digital learning and computational thinking in K-8 and leads to specific career pathways programs in 9-12.
- Educators will understand how programming across K-12 grades supports a vibrant e2e pathway.
- Leaders will know how to engage with industry & community partnerships, and support education to employment models in a diverse network of schools.
- Educators will hear from leaders how education to employment programming connects to 21st century learning & job preparation starting as young as K-8.
- Dr. Carol Wooten, Senior Consultant , Schools That Can Pittsburgh
- Dr. Donna Micheaux, Consultant, Schools That Can Pittsburgh
Casey Lamb, COO, Schools That Can
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.