In 2018, the National Academies released a consensus report on the Integration of Arts & Humanities with Science, Engineering and Medicine in Higher Education. This was followed by a series of Town Halls with the Alliance for the Arts in Research Universities to sustain the conversation on arts integration to transform higher education for an enlightened, better prepared, and more competitive workforce & citizenry. This panel will explore such integrative efforts across a number of Universities.
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- The National Academies’ evidence-based report details the known impact of integrative approaches on students’ academic performance & career readiness.
- Many Universities are pursuing integrations of the arts & humanities with STEM fields through a variety of initiatives (programs, courses, & centers).
- The Alliance for the Arts in Research Universities has collected research, resources, and materials to support arts integration in higher education.
- Youngmoo Kim, Director and Professor, ExCITe Center, Drexel University
- Maryrose Flanigan, Executive Director, Alliance for the Arts in Research Universities
- Pamela Jennings, Head & Professor, Department of Art + Design, North Carolina State University
Youngmoo Kim, Director & Professor, ExCITe Center, Drexel University
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.