5G will dramatically alter urban life by connecting more devices at dramatically faster speeds with fewer delays. This will have a massive impact on how cities operate and how services are delivered.
Learn about how the U.S. and the U.K are approaching smart cities from two government experts who are leading the charge in their respective countries. Smart Columbus won the U.S. Smart Cities Challenge in 2017, and built partnerships to serve the city’s most vulnerable through connected tech. Jon Corner has led the development of Salford’s MediaCityUK, host to the UK’s first operational 5G network and 5G-enabled Living Lab.
Speakers will share how they are shaping smart city approaches and deploying 5G, AR/VR, Autonomous Vehicles, etc. and discuss the benefits and areas for caution.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What benefits can smart city technology delver for public services?
- How will 5G unlock the Internet of Things?
- What new models of governance and partnership will be required?
- Jordan Davis, Executive Director, Smart Columbus, Columbus Partnership
- Jon Corner, Chief Digital Officer / CEO, City of Salford (UK) / The Landing
- Chelsea Collier, Founder / Editor At Large, Digi.City / Smart Cities Connect
Chelsea Collier, Founder, Digi.City
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.