The moderator will look at how venues can create safe, inclusive spaces for those who are often underrepresented in the live music sector. Our panel members are all well versed in how beneficial the live music scene is for those with visible & invisible access needs as well as gender and ethnicity. They will offer in-depth, personal insights on how to improve the diversity on stage as well as with audiences. They will discuss the benefits of diversity in the live music scene, the ability to expand your audience, becoming more representative of society more widely, as well as greater online information. Additionally, an area which is often under scrutiny, they will offer ideas on how to become more inclusive which will help the industry adapt and meet the growing demand for inclusivity.
Other Resources / Information
- How as a live music venue can I programme in a way that is reflective of our greater society?
- How can I ensure that I am supporting those with additional access needs fully within my means?
- How can I implement long term change authentically?
- Ruby Horton, Comms Manager, 100 Club
- Sybil Bell, Founder, Independent Venue Week
- Jeffrey Johns, Gig Goer, None
- Renee Jonard, Talent Buyer, Hotel Vegas
Charlie Rickard, Venue Liaison, Independent Venue Week
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.