On-Premise Cloud That *Feels* Like Cloud
Comparing the UX of public and private cloud, historically, private cloud has required more effort on behalf of the end user to produce results, with necessary automation hooks often missing or only available through internal business-logic.
However, with the digitization of industry, and widespread IoT adoption for enabling smart cities and factories; we see demand for edge compute:
- Low-latency, data analytics (eg. decision-making for the smart factory)
- Survivability for remote locations (when cloud connectivity is not available)
- Data sovereignty for GDPR-style regulations
We’ll show that onpremise, multi-tenant, API-driven compute finally feels like public cloud, and that we can enable truly hybrid workloads while providing DevOps teams with a consistent portability layer.
Share this idea
- Learn how private cloud has historically failed to provide the user experience needed into today's automated world, and how to resolve this.
- An understanding of patterns for deploying hybrid applications and the open source tooling available.
- Why edge compute will become more crucial to the modern business in the age of IoT.
- Matt Johnson, Senior Technical Leader and Developer Evangelist, Cisco DevNet
Dave Bertling, Founder, LIVE24