The popular Netflix TV series Black Mirror often shows a dystopian view on what happens when technology goes awry. But how much of this is based on reality? And is it really all that bad? In this session, DocuSign’s Robin Joy, WP Engine’s Heather Brunner, and New Relic’s Erica Schultz will join a conversation with SalientMG’s Mack McKelvey on the unintended challenges and opportunities of emerging technology, including a discussion around the use cases, ethics, and pros/cons of technologies like chatbots and AI, as well as a deep dive into the definition of emerging technology’s success.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What are the unintended challenges and opportunities that emerging tech presents?
- How should companies define the success of an emerging technology, like a chatbot?
- How can companies embrace emerging technology, without putting the consumer at risk?
- Robin Joy, SVP of Digital, Demand & Web Sales, DocuSign
- Heather Brunner, Chairwoman & CEO, WP Engine
- Erica Ruliffson Schultz, Chief Revenue Officer, New Relic
- Mack McKelvey, CEO/Founder, SalientMG
Katie Sells, Account Supervisor, Access Brand Communications
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.