Coding with Python & Network Programmability 101
Welcome beginners! This workshop covers the fundamentals of coding with Python along with Network Programmability & Collaboration technologies. Each module has labs with a detailed explanation of the technology along with steps showing how to get started.
- Intro to Git and Python
- Parsing JSON with Python
REST APIs Fundamentals
- REST stands for REpresentational State Transfer. An API is an Application Programming Interface. Together, these two terms signify a way for applications to talk to each other.
- Learn how to use the Postman REST Client to make API calls.
- Learn the basics of networking including the function and use of hubs, switches & routers along with how software-defined networks (SDN) is changing how they function.
Share this idea
- Use Git to download our sample-code on your workstation, create a "safe place" for you to make and commit your changes.
- Learn Python’s basic data types and how to define variables. Create functions that modularize your code and make it easier to scale, maintain & reuse.
- Learn the standard verbs for REST APIs. Understand JSON and XML Payloads.
Julio Fernandez, Developer Outreach, Cisco