A “Post-truth” era has taken over. A recent MIT study found that falsehoods are 70 percent more likely to get retweeted than accurate news. Subject matter experts are undermined. Biases are welcome. Lies become truth.
If your product amplifies engaging or provocative content, it runs the risk of adding legitimacy to fake news and false facts along with it. And that can cause a lot of harm for a lot of people.
This workshop will address how this new philosophy affects how customers use your product and how you need to support these changes. We’ll have an in-depth conversation and provide concrete exercises to help you and your team design a product that can promote a return to facts and logic. You’ll walk away with a fresh view on how to educate and influence in a post-truth world.
Other Resources / Information
- How to design your product so that users are more likely to encounter truth and be able to interpret when something may be less dependable.
- How to use research so your products help customers find the truth as the world changes.
- How to manage your own biases and truth by controlling—and balancing—your attention.
- Marisa Morby, Product Manager & Organizational Architect, Marisa Morby Consulting
- AJ Davis, Founder, Sitleo
Marisa Morby, Product Manager & Organizational Architect, Marisa Morby Consulting
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.