How do educational institutions build communities around learning, fundraising, and support for students, parents, and teachers? In this session, we explore how tech and digital are shaping connectivity in education—now and in the next 3-5 years. Featuring voices from university to K-12, educational institutes to tech companies, this panel will discuss the opportunities and challenges for building and empowering education-based communities in the age of ever-on social media, AR, and smartphones.
- How technology, social media, and digital technology is presenting opportunities (and new pitfalls) around connecting people around education
- How the future of facilitating education-based communities will look in the next 3-5 years
- The challenges and considerations that organizations must be aware of as they build communities around education
- Zontee Hou, Co-Lead, Consulting, Convince & Convert
- Jenna Rutschman, Director of Marketing, Communications, University of Arizona, College of Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Joe Cardillo, Senior Digital Strategist, Central New Mexico Community College
- Kim Miller, Vice President, Marketing, Boosterthon
Zontee Hou, Co-Lead, Consulting, Convince & Convert
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.