With each great hardware revolution, technology has undergone an accelerated sprint of user interface and user interaction evolution. The explosion of immersive technologies such as augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR) has served as a catalyst to begin this next UI evolution. This change, however, is just the beginning. As content becomes increasingly contextual and connected devices steadily embed themselves in our lives (IoT, connected home, tech enabled mobility, smart glasses, digital assistants, etc.), designers will need to reevaluate fundamentally how we interact with technology.
Join Unity Labs, Neurable, Booz Allen Hamilton, and Capital Factory for an exploration into the impending UI revolution and the future of UI in an immersive, connected digital world.
Other Resources / Information
- AR and VR are paving the way for how technologists should be looking at a world with connected devices and contextualized content.
- Keyboard/mice/touchscreens work great for 2D. With immersive content & connected devices surrounding us, UI will have to change.
- Advances in User Interaction and Interfaces will create a new world of technological capabilities, bringing humans and computers closer than ever.
- Brance Hudzietz, Ambassador of Emerging Technologies, Capital Factory
- Ramses Alcaide, CEO & Founder, Neurable
- Ali Tobolsky, Lead Technologist - Digital Communications Consultant, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Amir Ebrahimi, Principal Software Engineer, Unity Labs
Brance Hudzietz, Ambassador of Emerging Technologies, Capital Factory
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.