Complex cyber threats harbor in dark corners, waiting to strike and paralyze our infrastructure. These attacks cause catastrophic operational and financial damage. Most industrial systems were deployed in the pre-digital era, with little focus on the threat of attack. Vulnerabilities for ICS arise from a broad, poorly understood, and disaggregated set of legacy systems. Let’s gather to examine: (1) the basics of Control Systems and the threat of cyber attacks, (2) ways that installations and utility companies protect control systems, and (3) innovative methods and technologies to counter and defend.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Participants will learn the fundamentals of a serious problem and develop an understanding of the threat to our infrastructure from cyber actors.
- Participants will learn about current innovation and technology aiming to protect our infrastructure against a dynamic threat.
- Our experts will take us into the future and examine impacts on technology, education, and training and the need for critical skills.
- David Forbes, Principal/Director, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Jandria Alexander, Principal/Director, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Robert Lee, CEO, Dragos
David Forbes, Principal/Director, Booz Allen Hamilton
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.