You used to see them in theaters and on walls, but now movie posters are everywhere—also on the web, on your phone, in apps. Key art has evolved dramatically since the painted and hand-lettered one-sheets of old. They vary from supersized posters in the urban landscape to tiny thumbnails in the iTunes store. New technologies, shifting demographics and tastes, changing fashions, and a radically different film industry present new opportunities and challenges. Join us for a conversation with three acclaimed film poster designers, as Akiko Stehrenberger, Kenny Gravillis, and Midnight Marauder talk about their craft.
Other Resources / Information
- Learn from three masters of their craft what it takes to design a successful film poster or promotional campaign from brief to finished design.
- How do image, text, color, and composition influence each other, and how do you combine them into an arresting poster.
- Discover how key art has evolved with a changing film industry and new technologies that emerged over the past decades.
- Yves Peters, Copywriter/Blogger, Bald Condensed
- Akiko Stehrenberger, Illustrator & Art Director/Designer, Akikomatic LLC
- Emmanuel Sfez, Graphic Designer, Self Employed
- Kenny Gravillis, Creative Director, Gravillis, Inc.
Yves Peters, Copywriter/Blogger, Bald Condensed
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.