Marketing at record labels, distributors and management companies requires more digital media buying than ever before. Factors such as data ownership, potential revenue streams, and economic shifts are leading to even the largest labels cutting ties with digital media-buying agencies in favor of bringing buying to internal teams.
In "Buy Bye--Transitioning off of Media Buying Agencies," we'll assess what companies stand to gain and have been achieving through this process, whether by forming new internal agencies, leveraging freelancers, or by upskilling marketers in traditional roles. Session attendees will leave with an understanding of how external agencies engage with music companies, and what is required for a company to take control of its digital media buying.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Identification of gains (financial and otherwise) that labels, distributors and managers make by bringing media buying in-house
- Recommendations for what companies need to look out for when working with media-buying agencies (auditing, data ownership, etc.)
- Recommendations on bringing media-buying in house, setting up structures for an internal agency, working with freelancers, and for upskilling staff
- Wesley A'Harrah, Head of Training and International Marketing, Music Ally
- Aaron Ford, Director, Digital Advertising, The Orchard
- Emily Frost, Senior Manager, Media Strategy, Universal Music Group
Wesley A'Harrah, Head of Training and International Marketing, Music Ally
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.