In the post-truth era, consumers are increasingly skeptical about their relationship with brands and as a result, demanding an unprecedented level of information and access. Beyond the buzz, blockchain is set to become one of the most important technologies required for meeting such expectations; bonding customers and brands together in the process. On this panel, experts from IBM, H&M and De Beers will discuss how blockchain is allowing them to future-proof their supply chains and prepare for a landscape where transparency is the new norm.
Other Resources / Information
- Unpacking blockchain and how it will impact brand relationships with their consumers, from retail to the supply chain
- Understanding the consumer need for transparency and provenance, and how brands are increasingly relying on technologies to reinstate a sense of trust
- What is next for blockchain and its applicable future from a mass market perspective, as well as related technologies that will be deployed alongside
- Nina Shariati, Transparency and Innovation Business Expert for H&M group, H&M
- Feriel Zerouki, Head of International Relations & Ethical Initiatives, DeBeers
- Rachel Arthur, Chief Intelligence Officer, TheCurrent
- Laurence Haziot, Global Managing Director and General Manager for Consumer Industries, IBM
Bia Bezamat, Innovation Editor, TheCurrent
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.