From helping treat those with PTSD to enhancing retail experiences, virtual reality’s use cases are far-reaching and transformational. VR’s potential to improve the impact of human services is untapped. By creating a learning environment that uses immersive storytelling and interactive voice-based scenarios, VR can completely transform how front line staff in human services hone their skills and professional judgement. Accenture is doing just that for child welfare. Our goal? Accelerate the pace with which caseworkers become seasoned decision makers, thereby increasing the likelihood that more children are safe and free from harm.
Additional Supporting Materials
- Expand your knowledge about the different use cases of VR
- Understand how you can use VR to educate professionals in the social sector
- Learn about the different tools within VR - such as the use of voice and storytelling - to enhance a wide variety of experiences
- Rori Duboff, Managing Director, Head of Content Innovation, Accenture Interactive
- Molly Tierney, Senior Manager, Health & Public Service, Accenture
- Cortney Harding, Founder, Friends With Holograms
- Kevin Cornish, Founder, Moth + Flame
Emma Doniger, Manager, Accenture Interactive
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.