“Whether the Internet disrupts the status quo or reinforces it is up to us”. We must become the digital activists and data warriors we are waiting for. This workshop will explore ways the digital age - and digital developers - can advance our vision for justice, freedom and equity. We call IN technologists, coders, educators and gamers to workshop advancements in app technology that bend the moral arch towards a safer, more secure, strategic and less surveilled future for those on the frontlines
Other Resources / Information
- Understand the importance of political education & the mobilization of young activists within movements facilitated and/or launched in digital spaces.
- A demonstration of how our app will contribute to a new generation of politically educated online and offline activists and frontline organizers.
- Create cross collaboration between, coders, gamers, technologists, and organizers, activists and allies in the movement.
- Natalie Jeffers, Digital Political Education Organizer , Movement for Black Lives
- Chinyere Tutashinda, Founder/Director , Black Out Collective/Movement for Black Lives
- Fresco Steez , Training and Culture Manager, Black Youth Project 100
Natalie Jeffers, Digital Political Education Organizer , Movement for Black Lives
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.