Learn practical accessibility design and development skills. Practice techniques with deeply experienced programmers, developers, designers, and content providers. Instructors participate at the W3C, developing global web standards and implementation techniques, including those that define accessibility. We will teach you to assess existing sites and applications, remediate for accessibility, plan for accessibility in future products, integrate inclusive design thinking into your own processes and product development life cycles, distribute accessibility responsibility across roles, and manage your products to meet and sustain accessibility goals. We introduce free and low cost accessibility validation tools and connect you to a global community of best practice.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What does accessibility mean on the modern web? How is it related to innovation, inclusion, and brand enhancement?
- Free tools and practical testing techniques to help you set goals and meet them.
- Skills training across roles - primarily for coders and also for teams including UX designers, project managers, quality assurance, content providers.
- Robert Jolly, Technology Director, Knowbility
- Becky Gibson, Senior Web Accessibility Strategist, Knowbility
Sharron Rush, Executive Director, Knowbility
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.