Technology holds a lot of promise for improving student learning, but the state of data is messy. Educators are overwhelmed by massive amounts of data from multiple programs and spend too much time making sense of it. This session explores data interoperability and data sharing: how data can work together to improve instruction. The panel will discuss perspectives from vendors, educators, and data experts, all of whom need to work together to realize the potential of education technology.
- Participants will learn about the challenges of data in education from the vendor, educator, and data expert perspective.
- Participants will examine current approaches for addressing the challenge of using educational data from multiple sources.
- Participants will recognize potential future solutions that address data interoperability.
- Daniel Owens, Partner, The Learning Accelerator
- Alex Sigillo, Research Project Manager, EdSurge
- Ed Comer, Founder and President, Student1
Daniel Owens, Partner, The Learning Accelerator
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.