Conversations about the future of technology and its impact on our daily lives revolve around machine learning, AI, and the Internet of Things. What isn’t commonly discussed is the infrastructure behind hot-button technologies such as autonomous vehicles, the vocal processing of home assistants, and the algorithms that affect what we see online. As the Internet-connected population worldwide increases, more of our daily objects become “smart,” and processing moves off local devices, the infrastructure where these technologies “live” is more important than ever. How are these technologies handled at the infrastructure level? What does this mean for security? For privacy? For the economy? We’ll discuss the critical role data centers and cloud hosting plays in the future of the Internet.
Other Resources / Information
- Attendees will understand the economic impact of the Internet infrastructure, and how it connects with emerging tech.
- Attendees will understand core security and privacy measures, as well as the central concerns of Internet infrastructure technologies.
- Attendees will understand how services and devices powered by "invisible" technologies powered by Internet infrastructure change their daily lives.
- Christian Dawson, Executive Director, i2Coalition
- Cindy Jordan-Ford, General Manager, VP of US & LATAM, Cogeco Peer 1
- John Zanni, President, Acronis
- Jimma Elliott-Stevens, VP, Deputy General Counsel & Chief Privacy Officer, Rackspace
Christian Dawson, Exectuive Director, i2Coalition
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.