SXSW EDU 2019
Closing the HBCU Alumni Giving Gap
To date, roughly 10 Historically Black Colleges & Universities have giving percentages over 15% according to U.S. News & World Report. However, Claflin University, a South Carolina HBCU has record giving with a 50.4 % average. Higher Ed philanthropy is changing, especially the way we connect with millennial alumni and Generation Z givers.
This panel will discuss this challenge in-depth while providing solutions for what can be done to increase HBCU alumni giving and close the giving divide.
Other Resources / Information
- The participant will identify ways connect with Millennial and Generation Z givers as a result of this panel discussion.
- The participant will learn to create attractive measurable goals to share with givers to reach success as a result of this panel discussion.
- The participant will discuss attractive incentives for Millennial and Generation Z givers as a result of the panel discussion.
- Jeffrey Pierce, II , Director of Recruitment & Admission, Huston-Tillotson University
- Anthony Brown, Vice President for Programs, The National Alumni Council of the United Negro College Fund
- Natasha Carter, President, Claflin University International Alumni Association
- Matthew Morris , President Elect, Huston-Tillotson University International Alumni Association
Natasha Carter, President , Claflin University International Alumni Association
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.