Analytics Approaches to Tackling Drug-Resistant TB
The Tuberculosis (TB) Data Exploration Portal (DEPOT) (https://depot.tbportals.niaid.nih.gov/) is a public-facing analytics tool that supports hypothesis generation and on-demand statistical testing aimed at improving drug-resistant TB patient diagnostics and outcomes. The National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Office of Cyber Infrastructure and Computational Biology (OCICB) developed a cloud-based solution that integrates clinical factors, bacterial genomics, CT scans, and X-ray images to enable analysis of user-defined patient cohorts. This session will explain how the DEPOT disrupts the status quo in clinical research, and will demonstrate, in real-time, a multidimensional comparative analysis in the tool.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- Public platforms for data analysis and collaboration are the future of biomedical research hypothesis generation and patient cohort identification.
- Integration of multiple domains such as clinical, genomic, and radiological data offers a multi-dimensional approach to tackling drug-resistant TB.
- International collaborations in data sharing are essential to help find and develop a cure for drug-resistant infectious diseases in modern medicine.
- Alex Glogowski, Manager, Deloitte
- Alex Rosenthal, Chief Technology Officer, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
Alex Glogowski, Manager, Deloitte