Billions of lines of data are flowing between numerous systems and to a growing number of rights holders. Royalties need speedy and accurate processing across an evolving set of usage types and all on an increasingly global scale. Emerging rights management technologies offer the potential for a traditionally fragmented industry to become more cohesive and collaborative. So what will drive real development in rights technology that can handle all of this?
The issues surrounding rights management are compounded by the phenomenal growth of a data-heavy format combined with the industry’s historic difficulties in keeping pace with advancements in technology. It is of paramount importance that age old problems be addressed.
Other Resources / Information
- What are the various technological solutions to the industry’s growing rights management problems?
- As rights management technology develops, is the industry embracing tech fast enough to keep up and retain competitive advantage?
- How will legislative change along with new usage types impact progress in rights management?
- Dae Bogan, Founder & CEO, TuneRegistry
- Molly Neuman, Global Head of Business Development, Songtrust
- Vickie Nauman, Founder & Owner, CrossBorderWorks Consulting & Advising
- Anna Siegel, SVP North America , FUGA
Emma Robinson, Senior Account Manager, Name PR
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.