Can Science Feed the World?
Food security is no small matter, and the best solutions often require tradeoffs. A panel of experts shed light on the role science plays in feeding the world, and the responsibility consumers have to make educated choices. The session will encourage questions and debate around science in relation to food and agriculture, and provide a new perspective on modern-day farming.
Share this idea
Additional Supporting Materials
- What is the role of science in agriculture?
- How do consumers’ choices impact our global food supply chain?
- What does the path to a sustainable world really look like?
- Frank Sesno, Anchor and Washington Bureau Chief, CNN (1984-2009) and Director, The George Washington University's School of Media & Public Affairs, The George Washington University
- Pamela Ronald, Distinguished Professor in the Department of Plant Pathology and the Genome Center, University of California, Davis
- Lisa Dyson, Founder & CEO, Kiverdi
- Teddy Bekele, Vice President of Ag Technology, Land O'Lakes Inc.
Lia Sherman, Associate Account Director, Colle McVoy