The savage world of Anthem is volatile, lush, expansive, and full of unexpected characters. Bringing these aspects to life presented a wealth of challenging problems for BioWare's technical artists, who bridge art and technology through areas such as performance, shaders, and artist tools. This retrospective panel will highlight some of the team's work, alongside reflections on innovation, distributed collaboration/coordination, and the successes and challenges of creating a new IP for the world to enjoy.
Other Resources / Information
- What were some of the development challenges and successes for the BioWare Technical Art team on a new IP?
- What is the dynamic and structure of technical art at BioWare?
- What are game production practices at a AAA studio like, particularly as they relate to technical art?
- Gracie Arenas Strittmatter, Technical Art Director, BioWare
- Ben Cloward, CG Supervisor, BioWare
- Jeff Vanelle, Principal Technical Artist, BioWare
- Katy Barber, Host/Producer, Kakebytes
Gracie Arenas Strittmatter, Technical Art Director, BioWare
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.