Parents say eat your veggies but we still crave candy? Understand why what we do and what we actually want are often different, especially when it comes to food. Explore what drives food choices in different situations and why rational thinking alone can’t trump primal desires. Leave this session ready to use instinct to drive consumer food decisions. This is a great discussion for marketers, researchers, consumer enthusiasts, food lovers, policy wonks and health nuts.
- Understand primal urges that drive food choices – even when our minds say otherwise. How does instinct override logic and best intentions?
- Learn about the perplexing dichotomy between what we say and what we do when it comes to what we eat. We mean well, so why do we miss the mark?
- Discover how to channel basic instincts to desired behavior. How can we use them to make us happier, healthier people?
- Lauren M. Scott, Chief Marketing Officer, Produce Marketing Association
- Lisa Cork, Owner/Director, Fresh Produce Marketing Ltd
- Stephen X. Springfield, EVP & Chief Marketing Officer, Sentient Decision Science
- Adam Cooper, VP Marketing & Insights, The Wonderful Company
Eboni Wall, VP, Strategy & Innovation, Produce Marketing Association (PMA)
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.