The #1 City for Women in Tech. Ranked Top 10 City for Diversity in Tech. $2.7 billion invested in Innovation. Washington DC sits at the center of the densest concentration of federally funded R&D in perhaps the entire world. Once seen as a stodgy, bureaucratic government center, the city today boasts world-changing innovation opportunities… helping veterans learn to walk again, creating technology that keep the nation safe, and making government more accessible its citizens. Learn how businesses—large and small—are working together in DC to attract the best and brightest innovators to solve some of the most complex challenges of our time. Learn how you can take these concepts about apply them to public-private partnerships to spark innovation and diversity around the world.
Other Resources / Information
- Learn best practices of how companies and cities can work together to build an innovation community through programming, investment, and technology
- Understand a best practice in how this has worked in Washington DC to create an innovation hub that is attracting a new generation of innovators
- Engage with the presenters to ask questions on how to build a more inclusive innovation environment within any size organization
- Susan Penfield, Executive Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Kevin Morgan, DIRECTOR, TECH SECTOR ATTRACTION & RETENTION, Washington DC Economic Partnership
Hillary Komma, Director, Booz Allen Hamilton
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.