Founders with life experiences that reflect those poorly served by our education and workforce systems stand to bring some of the most innovative and impactful solutions to bear. These entrepreneurs create businesses with strong product-market fit that can generate greater ROI and impact at scale. Yet, they are often underrepresented in venture investments. Today, just 2% of venture capital is allocated to founders from underrepresented backgrounds. Join us to discuss how VCs can identify and cultivate founders who bring the power of their lived experiences to solve the most pressing problems in our society.
Other Resources / Information
- Recognizing the lived experiences of diverse founders can prove to be a powerful competitive advantage
- How VCs should support minority and women entrepreneurs
- Learn about the barriers underrepresented entrepreneurs face during fundraising
- Sabari Raja, Managing Partner, JFF Ventures
- Benjamin Chang, Chief of Product, Upduo
- Jason Raddison, CEO, Movo
- Lukas Simianer, CEO and Co-Founder, Clusiv
Carlos Zavala, Senior Director, Whiteboard Advisors
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.