This session is rooted in understanding the foundational elements of jazz music and how they can apply to having a growth mindset, and living life without limits. Jazz has no boundaries or limitations and represents what is possible when creative minds come together to unify and become one. Improvisation, swing, and ensemble cohesion are all critical elements of jazz, America's classical music, and allows the performer(s) to dictate their musical path, trajectory and grow the music and create solutions on the spot, which can be a metaphor for how to live life without limits.
Other Resources / Information
- Understand how jazz can be a metaphor for how to live life without boundaries.
- Understand how jazz can grow your mindset and bring creative opportunities for development.
- Understand how supporting jazz and the arts enriches our lives, communities, and American history.
- Gregory Satterthwaite, Assistant Professor, University of Georgia
- Samika Satterthwaite, Co-Founder, JazzSpire
Gregory Satterthwaite, Assistant Professor, University of Georgia
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.