The world is more chaotic than ever, and the business of professionally tracking trends and the underlying consumer motivations that fuel them is no exception. Learn more about the largely mysterious trends-industrial-complex, and hear a lively discussion on the latest discourse about the current state of trend forecasting from practitioners who have spent their careers translating culture into practical and actionable advice for the business world, institutions, investors, and academia.
Additional Supporting Materials
- What does a trend forecaster do, and what is their role at businesses of varying scale, from startup to Fortune 500?
- What kind of information diet is most effective to keep on top of the latest trends? How important is being extremely online?
- Do trends in fashion come from the ground-up from the streets, or from the top-down from brand corporate strategy?
- Michael Miraflor, Chief Brand Officer, Hannah Grey VC
- Matt Klein, Head of Global Foresight, Reddit
- Anu Lingala, Head of Cultural Trends & Insights, Major Fashion Retail
- Grace Clarke, Founder, GGC Consulting
Michael Miraflor, Chief Brand Officer, Hannah Grey VC
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.