At SXSW 2022, Dan Cullen-Shute railed against advertising’s obsession with purpose, its stubborn refusal to award work people actually like, and its steadfast denial of any connection with capitalism. In 2023, he’s singing a slightly different tune: with Child Poverty Action Group CEO, Alison Garnham and CEO of CALM, Simon Gunning, he’ll explore the times when advertising gets it right. How a combination of smart thinking, creative excellence and an ability to galvanise people around a problem can really make a difference. Together, they’ll argue that maybe advertising *can* save the world.
- How when advertising stops worrying about how it can make businesses sound better and focuses on making a real world difference, amazing things happen
- How smart creative thinking can do more than make great ads - it can genuinely save lives, and change the world.
- How an inherently selfish and competitive industry can come together to change the world when the thinking and ideas are powerful enough.
- Dan Cullen-Shute, Worldwide CEO & Founder, Creature
- Simon Gunning, CEO, CALM
- Alison Garnham, CEO, Child Poverty Action Group
Dan Cullen-Shute, Worldwide Ceo & Founder, Creature
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.