Futuring Food Systems: A Seat at the Chef's Table
No one knows food- and the food system- like a chef. In this panel discussion, we bring top culinary chefs out from their kitchens and onto the SXSW stage to discuss systemic challenges, opportunities and innovations in food. Pull up a seat at the Chef's Table for a conversation centered around taste, and an exploration of industry sustainability and inclusive food systems, as we reimagine the future of food. From the historical roots of a dish to the kitchen of tomorrow, modernized food-culture, ingredients and the hospitality industry, food is at the center of it all.
- How modern food innovations and the revival of ancient ingredients both come from cultural history and culinary traditions around the world.
- Practical ways Food Systems can get better by ensuring inclusive voices and mentorship are a part of the ecosystem.
- Educating consumers and the next generation of chefs, restaurateurs and hospitality industry professionals will be critical to making positive change.
- Kwame Onwuachi, Owner, 5th Floor Hospitality
- Adrian Lipscombe, Founder, 40 Acres Project
- Tavel Bristol-Joseph, CoOwner, Emmer&Rye Hospitality Group
- Tiffany Derry, Founder, Tiffany Derry Concepts
Quenita Fagan, Chief Strategist & Curator, Curva Lish LLC
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.