After two years of pandemic slowdown, travel is booming like never before. But for communities reliant on tourism, the sudden rush of visitors is a mixed blessing, as in many places economic activity comes alongside strains on infrastructure, labor shortages and tourists who treat destinations as personal playgrounds. This panel investigates ways we can build a new future for travel, one that benefits and enriches both travelers and the communities they visit.
Other Resources / Information
- What are the most exciting efforts to build sustainable travel options that benefit communities?
- When can travel create positive impact and how can we replicate these circumstances?
- What are the most important ethical considerations to make when traveling?
- Abby Rapoport, Publisher, Stranger's Guide
- Cassim Shepard, Distinguished Lecturer, City College, City University of New York
- Katalina Mayorga, CEO, El Camino Travel
Ambia Elias, Assistant Publisher, Stranger's Guide
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.