Plenty of aspiring artists have music that they are ready to share with the world, but there is still a lot to learn about the process of releasing that music onto DSPs and collecting all the royalties they will earn for this work.
This workshop will walk aspiring artists through the steps they need to take after finishing a musical project. Representatives from CD Baby and The MLC discuss the process of submitting music to a distributor to be released on all streaming platforms and the necessary steps to collect all of their royalties (mechanical, performance, etc.) for their newly released music.
Other Resources / Information
- Walkthrough the steps of distributing finalized music to DSPs through a digital distribution platform.
- How to collect royalties from all other sources that the distributor won’t collect for you; ie. mechanical and performance royalties.
- Basics of the music distribution, publishing and royalties landscapes.
- Dae Bogan, Head of Third Party Partnerships, The MLC
- Kevin Breuner, SVP of Artist Engagement and Education, CD Baby
Emily Morrone, Publicist, rock paper scissors
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.