The metaverse– a convergence of virtual reality (VR) and a digital second life –can revolutionize quality education. In the metaverse, we have the ability to have an immersive exploration into concepts, and its function is critical for next-generation learning that breaks socio-economic barriers for students. See how this university leverages the metaverse through VR and course competencies–building a transformative experience that levels the playing field where all students can rise and thrive.
Other Resources / Information
- Identify how the metaverse can help model healthy learning pillars for next-generation educators, and catalyze equity and inclusion strategies
- Discover how the metaverse transforms how we prepare educators by equipping them with big bold thinking, and to become more comfortable with tech
- Examine the metaverse's potential to support empathetic learning design by meeting students where they are in their learning
- Mark Milliron, Senior Vice President of Western Governors University and Executive Dean of the School of Education, Western Governors University
- Kim Round, Associate Dean and Academic Programs Director, Western Governors University’s School of Education, Western Governors University
- Mamie Pack, Managing Principal of Healthy Learning, Western Governors University's School of Education, Western Governors University
Mark Toth, Senior Communications Representative, Western Governors University
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.