SXSW EDU 2023
Proximity is Powerful Technology for Change
Breakthrough solutions for our most intractable problems often come from the communities most impacted by inequitable systems — yet the social sector struggles to invest accordingly. How do we break away from the dominant culture and strategies of philanthropy to co-design solutions with the people closest to the issues we’re trying to solve? This panel will delve into how philanthropic leaders are shifting culture and funding structure and getting closer to transformational impact.
Other Resources / Information
- Identify mental models and power dynamics in philanthropy that need to shift to advance real systems change
- Define proximity and understand its role as an engine for breakthrough ideas, insights, and systems change.
- Learn concrete ideas and methods for funders and nonprofit leaders to get closer to communities served.
- Tulaine Montgomery, Co-CEO, New Profit
- Sam Cobbs, CEO, Tipping Point
- Kimberly Osagie, Vice President, Programs, Echoing Green
- Carmen Rojas, President & CEO, Marguerite Casey Foundation
Tulaine Montgomery, Co-CEO, New Profit
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.