Today, over 3000 languages are in danger of becoming extinct. Their loss would be profound: entire world-views are encoded into the nuances of language: their wisdom and perspectives can provide important perspectives for understanding our shared humanity. This panel explores cutting-edge technologies by Native American technologists and linguistics experts using AI and XR to create contextualized, place-based, immersive linguistic soundscapes and visual environments available worldwide.
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- Learn how artificial intelligence, immersive realities and other emerging technologies benefit from the Inclusion of diverse voices and world-views.
- Try hands-on prototypes of place-based, mobile-first AI and XR indigenous language experiences to try in the context of the Panel discussion.
- What happens after a language no longer has speakers? Learn about Native-led strategies to resurrect lost languages for all cultures.
- Catherine Eng, Chief Technology Officer, OurWorlds, Inc.
- Michael RunningWolf, Clinical Instructor, Northeastern University
- Stanley Rodriguez, Director, Professor, Kumeyaay Community College
Catherine Eng, CTO, Our Worlds, Inc.
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.