More women are consuming cannabis. According to Brightfield Group, the portion of female cannabis users reached 51% in 2021. Additionally, it is generally believed that women drive 70-80% of all consumer purchasing decisions. As cannabis legalization increases and continues to normalize, it will likely be women purchasing her household’s cannabis supply, in the same way she picks up beer and wine at the store.
Smart brands have realized that the future of weed is women and are already designing products, marketing materials, and other outreach with women and their needs in mind. Here from a mix of brands not only led by women, but specifically targeting women as a key audience, about their current approach and how they are planning to grow this market segment.
- Why women make up a huge audience for cannabis brands.
- What cannabis products are currently most popular with women and anticipated sector growth.
- Ways cannabis brands can better communicate with and leverage female customers.
- Hillary Peckham, Chief Operating Officer, Etain Health
- Kristina Adduci, Founder & CEO, House of Puff
- Jenny Argie, Founder, Jenny's Baked at Home
- Beryl Solomon, Founder & CEO, Poplar
Taryn Schofield, Account Executive, Marino
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.