The R&D for Growth & Equity grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is designed to close the access and attainment gap for Black, Latinx, and Indigenous learners. Through this grant, Arizona State University, Southern New Hampshire University, and Western Governors University are researching learner experiences at scale to optimize targeted policies and practices. In this session presenters will share powerful insights from the research that are actionable across educational settings.
Other Resources / Information
- Learn how these 3 natl. universities are setting performance standards for racial equity outcomes & value and building these standards into operations
- Actionable insights from early-stage research & development aimed at closing equity gaps across learner lifecycle experiences and interventions
- Each of these institutions is strengthening their capability for this complex research and building a broad culture of inclusivity and anti-racism
- Dale Whittaker, Senior Program Officer in Postsecondary Success, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Marni Baker Stein, Provost and Chief Academic Officer, Western Governors University
- Arizona State University Rep Arizona State University Rep, Representative, Arizona State University
- SNHU Representative SNHU Representative, Representative, Southern New Hampshire University
Matt Griffin, Sr. Manager, External Communications, WGU Labs
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.