Now is a pivotal moment for American society — and the future of the country’s education system is at stake. How do we co-create a new education system that is equitable and works for everyone? Hear from an expert panel about how changemakers can transform the education system by centering parent voices, with an emphasis on multi-racial and multi-generational coalition building to improve student outcomes.
Additional Supporting Materials
Other Resources / Information
- How educators and social entrepreneurs are increasing academic success by supporting parents in exercising their power as education partners.
- How parent organizations are mitigating bias with values-driven approaches to parent empowerment.
- How parents are exercising power with four strategies that maximize value of the current education system and change the way the system operates.
- Kimone Simpson, Manager, Education Portfolio, New Profit
- Emma Bloomberg, Founder & CEO, Murmuration
- Daniel Anello, CEO, Kids First Chicago
- Darya Davis, Parent Advocate, DC PAVE
Kimone Simpson, Manager, Education Portfolio, New Profit
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.