Social issues matter to Gen Z. They often advocate for fair, safe and equal treatment of others. In this workshop, Planned Parenthood and Brady will arm educators with tools, language and information to empower Gen Z to promote social justice. By the end of this workshop, attendees will have the tools they need to help students organize, assemble/develop leaders, create civic engagement, and infrastructure building to motivate, empower, train, and provide resources for learners.
Other Resources / Information
- Apply tools for teaching core principles of youth organizing to high school and college students, whether you’re a young person or an educator
- Utilize innovative tactics for students to advocate on their campuses/schools to create the change they want to see
- Debunk the Gen Z myth - This group is in fact reachable outside Tik Tok, and hungry to build a community that has a shared purpose
- Amanda Matos, Senior Director, Constituency Campaigns, Planned Parenthood Federation of America
- Aalayah Eastmond, dministrator & Exec Council Member|Co-founder @concernedofdc, Brady
Ambreen Molitor, National Director, Innovation, Planned Parenthood Federation of America
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.