As advocates for youth, we often act on behalf of youths’ interests. However, when we include youth as partners in the work, the outcomes for everyone become stronger. Treating youth as the experts of their own experiences is the first step - so, join us in hearing from youth on the do’s and don'ts of youth voice work, including ways to lift their voices to advance your mission, communicate with critical stakeholders, and foster caring and inclusive partnerships with young people.
Other Resources / Information
- Hear directly from youth involved in advocacy programs at the grassroots level about their experiences with educational programming.
- Learn about potential gaps and areas of opportunity for elevating youth voice within your own work.
- Gain strategies that keep youth engaged in an authentic way that will uplift their experiences and advance your organization's larger mission in servi
- Leah Silverberg, Project Manager, Afterschool Alliance
- Teresa Drew, Deputy Director, Afterschool Alliance
Leah Silverberg, Project Manager, Afterschool Alliance
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.