The three components critical to Real World Learning that Big Picture Learning (BPL) believes can break youth free from cycles of oppression are:
Interest Exploration - experience the difference between career vs interest conversations
Social Capital - help your youth access and get connected to opportunities to go deeper into their interests
Relationships - explore the importance of having a system that supports finding meaning – from deep mentorship to self concept.
Other Resources / Information
- Learn the importance of going beyond career exploration conversations.
- Discuss scaffolding and staffing strategies to allow for best connections to opportunities
- Discover practices and routines that best support developing meaningful relationships with peers and adults.
- Anthonette Pena, Program Director, B-Unbound, Big Picture Learning
- Maddie Gilliessie, Be-Unbound Ambassador, Big Picture Learning
Anthonette Pena, Program Director, B-Unbound, Big Picture Learning
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.