Most social media panels cover hashtags, video formats, and platforms. But few talk about one of the most important qualities of running a successful social strategy: risk. This panel will dive deep into how social media leaders across various brands and industries utilize risk to create a social media presence that stands out. We'll talk about the importance of trusting your social team, hiring talent who is the demographic you want to speak to, entertaining your audience, communicating with management, and, of course, what happens when something goes too far.
Other Resources / Information
- Ask for forgiveness not permission. In order to stand out on social, timely calculated risk is a necessity.
- In order to take risks, build trust. Nurturing relationships and buy-in from management and peers is key.
- There's no risk without a few mistakes along the way. Take meaningful responsibility and learn where the line is.
- Rachel Karten, Social Media Consultant, Milk Karten
- Zaria Parvez, Social Media Manager, Duolingo
- Julian Gamboa-Ramos, Social Media Director, Maximum Effort
Rachel Karten, Social Media Consultant, Milk Karten Inc
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.