Diversifying representation is a business imperative in marketing/communications and advertising industries. But for the creative world which shapes & influences the global culture agenda, this is more than business: it’s a non-negotiable future. Both agencies and in-house teams of the industry must evolve from talking about the “why” of this problem to actively creating and carrying out intentional, impactful and sustainable solutions. With a warm, intimate panel of industry titans, we’ll uncover challenges and unlock proven insights and strategies on what it takes to attract, retain and advance Black talent in the communications and creative industries–with values of community at the center. Attendees are invited into dialogue alongside the panel of industry leaders–all are welcome!
- Empower and Support – create a safe space for hiring managers and talent to ask vulnerable/courageous questions, and discuss practical solutions
- Educate – share specific ways to mitigate bias during the hiring process
- Evolve – paint a vision and bold call-to-action for the future state of the industry
- Jonathan Jordan, General Manager, Southern California, Edelman
- Gillian Williams, Founder, Monday Talent
- Damaune Journey, Chief Growth Officer, 72andSunny
- Detria Williamson, Experience-led CMO, brand storyteller, global digital marketer & inclusivity visionary, Self
Kristina Gong, Vice President - Employee Experience And Southern California Market Development, Edelman
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.