Learn about the power and possibilities of competency-based education (CBE) for equitable, rigorous, relevant learning to provide a responsive pathway to success for every student. Join us to explore an ecosystem of entry points into CBE with practical examples and resources to use in your context. Build strong student agency and habits of success. Rethink traditional school structures to allow meaningful learning experiences both in and out of school to “count” for students in equitable ways.
Other Resources / Information
- Unpack a personalized, competency-based model to explore designs for equity-seeking learning ecosystems.
- Pressure test your student-centered mental models of education.
- Identify your own entry points for transforming education systems and practice.
- Laurie Gagnon, CompetencyWorks Program Director, The Aurora Institute
- Sandra Moumoutjis, Executive Director, Learning Innovation Network, Building 21
- Ayris Sanders, Director of Lab Schools, Building 21
Laurie Gagnon, CompetencyWorks Program Director, The Aurora Institute
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.