The U.S. Healthcare System is Gaslighting You
Gaslight: manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity
This lively, unfiltered discussion aims to unpack current issues in the U.S. Healthcare system, and demonstrate how there may only be one way to solve it: primary care. The speakers will each bring their own unique perspectives to outline factors that have led to the current state of healthcare in the U.S., primary care's role in solving these issues, why primary care is undervalued in the healthcare system, and finally, how to fix it. Between those wanting to learn more about the U.S. Healthcare system, and those who are interested in creating change, this panel will inform listeners how we can break up with the old, manipulative healthcare system and finally get the treatment we all deserve.
- Despite what you’ve been told, the current subspecialty-dominated U.S. healthcare system is a costly failure
- Why traditional health systems are doomed, even though they have the “best” subspecialists and latest advancements in medicine
- It might not be as sexy, but only the unsung hero of primary care will drive more effective, patient-centered care at a lower total cost
- Kyna Fong, CEO, Elation Health
- Stella Safo, Founder, Just Equity for Health
- Dan O’Neill, Pine Park Health
Nina Cloven, Manager Of Primary Care Advancement, Elation Health
SXSW reserves the right to restrict access to or availability of comments related to PanelPicker proposals that it considers objectionable.